It’s that time of the year when everyone is starting to catch up with the reality that the warm weather is all behind us. The Indian summer has come and gone and now we need to hunker down and prepare for cold and flu season. Last week we had several remedies for healing and boosting our immune systems. These are the posts I’m choosing to feature this week. To view all of last weeks link-up click here.
If this smoothie will bust through a cold and the flu then I am taking this all winter long. Doesn’t it sound YUMMY too? Thanks to Katherine @Green Thickies.
IMMUNE BOOSTER SMOOTHIE
Another yummy sounding smoothie that is meant to boost your immune system. This one comes to us from Renee @The Simple Moms.
Pretty sure that anything with ginger in it will knock out the flu. Melissa @Unmistakeably Food has given several ways to make ginger concoctions to help us knock out the flu bug.
OTHER GREAT TIPS AND RECIPES
POSTS THAT DO FOLLOW THE RULES:
- Real Food recipes (WAPF or PALEO TYPES!)
- Homeopathic or natural remedies
- Homesteading ideas
- Real Food activism
- Survival skills
- LINK BACK to this page, plus leave a comment because it helps give you more link exposure with search engines. If you don’t link back YOU WILL BE DELETED
POSTS THAT DON’T FOLLOW THE RULES
- Include refined sugars (brown sugar or white or agave — instead choose honey, pure maple syrup, sucanat, real stevia — but links to fake stevia will cause your post to get deleted) For the record, we are not really comfortable with xylitol, but will permit it for now on the linky. This may change in the future.
- Grain flours that are NOT properly prepared by soaking, sprouting, fermenting – we also prefer recipes where the legumes and nuts are also properly soaked. (see this post on grains)
- Unfermented soy products – fermented soy sauce, miso, tempeh, natto ok but will likely not be posted to Pinterest
- Hydrogenated vegetable oils, canola oil, margarine, crisco type shortening, or canned and packaged foods.
- Overtly advertising products in which the main goal of the post is to sell something that you profit on. (links in post to affiliates ok)
- Post links to other blog carnivals
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.