STOP DROOLING. I see you.
My morning breakfast usually consists of eggs and a sourdough toast with lots of butter. But this coconut bread made with coconut french toast flavors is the BEST French toast I have ever had! I would not lie to you about something so serious! Unlike grain type breads this one is hearty and filling with all the nutrient dense eggs and coconut milk in the batter.
The first thing you need to do is make some grain free coconut bread. You can find that recipe here.
The rest of the ingredients you need are as follows:
3/4 c coconut milk
1 t vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
~1 cup coconut flakes
coconut oil, raw for frying
1) In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Add in coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt with the beaten eggs. Whisk ingredients together well.
2) Place coconut flakes on a plate.
3) Cut bread into 1/4 inch slices.
4) Soak the bread in the egg mixture for about 5 minutes.
5) Coat both sides of the soaked bread with coconut. Drizzle a little egg mixture on top and press so the coconut stays put.
6) Melt some coconut oil in a pan. Fry the soaked bread on the first side until golden brown, then flip and fry the other side.
7) Remove and serve immediately. Top with real maple syrup if desired.
Other Breakfast Recipes
Post links to: Monday Mania, Homestead Barnhop, Fat Tuesday, Scratch Cookin’, Traditional Tuesday, Frugal Days, Real Food Wednesday, Fresh Foods Wed., Thank Your Body, Simple Lives, Keep it Real, Fight Back Fri, Whole Food Fri,