If you didn’t visit last week’s Freaky Friday stop by there too. To view other posts from last week, click here.
This post by Jill @Real Food Forager is extremely fascinating regarding the role of genes interacting with our environment. Jill is uber-smart at figuring out how to relay all these facts to those of us who are not so science-minded. I highly recommend this article to everyone concerned about environmental effects on health.
Susan @Learning and Yearning gave us several ideas for healthy homemade natural skin care products. I’m always looking for great ideas like these to clean out my nasty skin care products for good.
Joy @The Liberated Kitchen is starting a series on Bi-polar disorder. She is taking us on a journey through her own struggle in a personal way so that others who suffer do not have to suffer in shame and silence with the stigma associated with the disorder. I am so awed by Joy in taking this brave step to share her own story and I look forward to reading more in this series over the next few weeks.
OTHER GREAT TIPS AND RECIPES
Some of you are just not following the rules and as a result I have been dumping some posts (about 2-3 each week). You might be surprised to know that I read each post every week. Posts that do not follow the rules will be deleted without notice. But most importantly, I also pin most of these posts to Pinterest. Just because you technically follow the rules (by the skin of your teeth) does not mean I’m posting to Pinterest. Most get posted but posts that don’t fit our general mission do not. (For example: If you post about fermented soy — technically that is allowed but will not be posted to Pinterest because we don’t really advocate for soy-based foods here).
POSTS THAT DO FOLLOW THE RULES:
- Real Food recipes
- Homeopathic or natural remedies
- Homesteading ideas
- Real Food activism
- Survival skills
- LINK BACK to this page, plus leave a comment because it helps give you more link exposure with search engines. If you don’t link back YOU WILL BE DELETED
POSTS THAT DON’T FOLLOW THE RULES
- Include refined sugars (brown sugar or white or agave — instead choose honey, pure maple syrup, sucanat, real stevia — but links to fake stevia will cause your post to get deleted) For the record, we are not really comfortable with xylitol, but will permit it for now on the linky. This may change in the future.
- Grain flours that are NOT properly prepared by soaking, sprouting, fermenting – we also prefer recipes where the legumes and nuts are also properly soaked. (see this post on grains)
- Unfermented soy products – fermented soy sauce, miso, tempeh, natto ok but will likely not be posted to Pinterest
- Hydrogenated vegetable oils, canola oil, margarine, crisco type shortening, or canned and packaged foods.
- Overtly advertising products in which the main goal of the post is to sell something that you profit on. (links in post to affiliates ok)
- Post links to other blog carnivals
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.