Part of me feels odd going on as normal this week as there are many, many of you who are either not able to see our posts or have been devastated by Hurricane Sandy. Our prayers are with you and hope that those affected by Sandy will be able to get the help you need at this time. I hope Freaky Friday offers a little distraction for those of you coping with tragedy right now.
If you didn’t visit last week’s Freaky Friday stop by there too. To view other posts from last week, click here.
Robin @Thank Your Body posted this fantastic article about the problems with conventional meat, but then discusses the benefits of properly pastured meat products. Thanks for the fantastic information, Robin!
I love this recipe for Orange Kvass from Renee @The Simple Moms. I have seen a lot of kvass recipes but this is the first one I’ve seen with orange. I think I will try it.
Melissa @Real Food Eater discusses the reasons why she and her family will not get the flu shot. She did her own research which she shares with us and encourages you to do your own research before making up your mind about flu shots.
OTHER GREAT TIPS AND RECIPES
Some of you are just not following the rules and as a result I have been dumping some posts (about 2-3 each week). You might be surprised to know that I read each post every week. Posts that do not follow the rules will be deleted without notice. But most importantly, I also pin most of these posts to Pinterest. Just because you technically follow the rules (by the skin of your teeth) does not mean I’m posting to Pinterest. Most get posted but posts that don’t fit our general mission do not. (For example: If you post about fermented soy — technically that is allowed but will not be posted to Pinterest because we don’t really advocate for soy-based foods here).
POSTS THAT DO FOLLOW THE RULES:
- Real Food recipes
- Homeopathic or natural remedies
- Homesteading ideas
- Real Food activism
- Survival skills
- LINK BACK to this page, plus leave a comment because it helps give you more link exposure with search engines. If you don’t link back YOU WILL BE DELETED
POSTS THAT DON’T FOLLOW THE RULES
- Include refined sugars (brown sugar or white or agave — instead choose honey, pure maple syrup, sucanat, real stevia — but links to fake stevia will cause your post to get deleted) For the record, we are not really comfortable with xylitol, but will permit it for now on the linky. This may change in the future.
- Grain flours that are NOT properly prepared by soaking, sprouting, fermenting – we also prefer recipes where the legumes and nuts are also properly soaked. (see this post on grains)
- Unfermented soy products – fermented soy sauce, miso, tempeh, natto ok but will likely not be posted to Pinterest
- Hydrogenated vegetable oils, canola oil, margarine, crisco type shortening, or canned and packaged foods.
- Overtly advertising products in which the main goal of the post is to sell something that you profit on. (links in post to affiliates ok)
- Post links to other blog carnivals
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.