Many of our past featured posts tend to be more activist related or instructional. But this week I thought I would highlight some of the fantastic recipes that are posted each week. Each week we get a variety of posts that range from simple to more complex and creative. We love them all! They truly inspire us in the kitchen as well. To view other posts from last week, click here.
Jennifer @How to Peel an Onion still has me making her simple Squash Breakfast Porridge. These coconutty snack squares are another great nourishing treat with only a few ingredients.
Tiffany @The Coconut Mama always delights us with her creative and nourishing treats! I love this vanilla ice cream that is filled with probiotic goodness. I’m going to be trying this myself as the last time I tried to make a cultured ice cream it did not turn out so well.
Dawn @Small Footprint Family brought us a hummus using sprouted chickpeas. I am a sucker for hummus recipes. Drool. . . .
OTHER GREAT TIPS AND RECIPES
**NEW RULE: Due to the fact that we are trying to promote real, whole foods on our blog carnival, we are no longer allowing posts that LINK DIRECTLY to another blog carnival. This is because we have noticed that various blog carnivals have different criteria for linking that may not line up with what we at Real Food Freaks consider real food. To keep the integrity of our mission, please do not link up your link ups.
**Secondly, (this is not a new rule but a reiteration of an old rule) — if you use wheat or grains of any type they must be soaked, sprouted or fermented directly in the instructions of how to make the recipe. We have been a little lax in pulling down posts that do not comply, but unfortunately we are getting more and more of these types of posts. We don’t want to pull any links down, so if you need an explanation see this post on grains.
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us promote the link up with a Retweet and / or a Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! This benefits EVERYONE! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog or are posting a link, you will have to wait to be moderated before your link shows up.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.