I think it was around this time last year that I was eagerly awaiting the release of this book. You guys know Bill and Hayley, right? If you’re not already familiar with these Real Food Rock Stars… you need to spend some time on their website. Anyway, I had pre-ordered the book and was secretly jealous that I was not one of the A-List bloggers that received an advance copy to review. Maybe someday… right? Oh well, I was more than happy to pony up the cash for this fantastic cooking resource.
But guess what… I did make it onto
the B-List A-List (part 2) of bloggers. Yes, I did… thank you very much. And this is good news for you. Wanna know why??? Since I already own a copy, I now have an extra copy to give away.
1. Whether you are new to a Real Food Lifestyle or a seasoned veteran, you want to own this book. The book is less than 20 bucks on Amazon. Less than 20 bucks??? That’s craziness. The book contains a range of simple recipes that are perfect for those just transitioning into real food as well as more fancy-pants recipes for those who are beyond the basics. And then there is the Treats & Cheats section… Let’s be honest, that’s the section that really matters. As these treats are meant to be occassional and/or special indulgences, you will probably be filling your calendar with “special occassions” (even making them up or celebrating random things like Arbor Day) so that you have a reason to try out these amazing desserts. Or maybe that’s just me. Please… I know it’s not just me.
Their carrot cake recipe has long been a favorite of mine. Hands down, it is the BEST carrot cake I have ever eaten. Obviously, you have free access to this recipe on their blog, so just imagine the recipes that are only available in the book. Just. imagine.
2. The food photography is unbelievable. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Maybe some day I’ll get a real camera and be able to take halfway decent pictures. (Don’t hold your breath… I’m broke.) I actually feel a bit guilty that my copy is stored inside of a cabinet. It’s not right. It belongs on a coffee table… prominently displayed. So please, if you win this book and you have a coffee table… you know what to do. But I don’t have a coffee table. I should get one… it’s the right thing to do.
3. My kids love the book, too. Granted, they tend to gravitate to the ice cream recipes. (Oh, did I mention that there are a lot of ice cream recipes???? There are.) Looking at gorgeous pictures makes real food even more exciting… at least in our house… I bet it will in your house, too.
1. Enter the giveaway (keep reading) and try to win a copy.
2. If you don’t win (you probably won’t… I only have one copy to give away… I know, I know… I never win either), then you should totally buy this book. You get over 200 recipes. 200! For those of you who may be mathematically challenged, that’s less than 10 cents per recipe. Say whaaaat???? That ought to appeal to you bargain shoppers out there as well.
This is going to be easy. Leave me a comment telling me how badly you want to win a copy of this book. Make it interesting (if you care about winning, that is). I will choose a winner on Friday, October 5.