I just deleted an entire paragraph about why green beans are a staple around this joint. Why? Because I read it and thought… who cares? So let’s forget the intro to green beans and go straight to the recipe, shall we? We shall.
Here’s what you need:
- a couple tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 strips of bacon (preferably pastured), thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 lb. bag of frozen green beans (yes, of course you can use fresh… but this is my convenience side dish and I use frozen)
- salt & pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt coconut oil.
- Add bacon and saute until it begins to crisp.
- Now add the green beans and cover.
- Allow beans to cook (covered) for about 10 minutes or so.
- Stir everything around, add salt & pepper to taste, lower the heat a little bit and allow the green beans to continue to cook a bit further. (Personally, I like the green beans to start to brown a little bit… but that’s me.)
- When the green beans are cooked to your preference, plate ‘em up and scarf ‘em down. (Maybe that’s just me, too… I’m sure you’re more civilized.)
Shared at: Fat Tuesday