To view past Freaky Friday’s and other fantastic posts from over several months, be sure to check out all the great posts here. But to revisit what you may have missed last week check out this link. There were so many good one last week. I wish I had more space to highlight more!
We had about three or four posts last week all dealing with the latest ‘study’ that finds ‘organic foods’ have no better nutrition than conventional foods. All of them were well thought out and written but I loved the spin on this one to check the soil. YES the soil is what I have found makes the biggest difference in my garden as well. Stan @Tender Grassfed Meat make excellent points referencing this study’s flawed data.
Lyza @Chic Shades of Green posted THREE fantastic articles last week. This one on raw almonds not actually being ‘raw’, crazy right? The other two were about SOY and CANOLA two other pet peeves of mine in today’s food.
Dawn @Small Footprint Family also shared several excellent posts last week. This one really spoke to me as it gives evidence to the fact that gardens, even in places you would never imagine (like a desert with dry, salty land), can change the landscape and the dynamics of a region. She also posted about why we should all eat locally grown food.
OTHER RECIPES and TIPS TO CHECK OUT FROM LAST WEEK
Check out these other way cool posts: Avocado Fries (Grain Free) from THIS CHICK COOKS, 3 Reasons You Don’t Have More Energy from BEYOND THE PEEL, Secret Food to Banish Stretch Mark and have Great Skin from HONEST TO GOODNESS LIVING.
**NEW RULE: Due to the fact that we are trying to promote real, whole foods on our blog carnival, we are no longer allowing posts that LINK DIRECTLY to another blog carnival. This is because we have noticed that various blog carnivals have different criteria for linking that may not line up with what we at Real Food Freaks consider real food. To keep the integrity of our mission, please do not link up your link ups.
**Secondly, (this is not a new rule but a reiteration of an old rule) — if you use wheat or grains of any type they must be soaked, sprouted or fermented directly in the instructions of how to make the recipe. We have been a little lax in pulling down posts that do not comply, but unfortunately we are getting more and more of these types of posts. We don’t want to pull any links down, so if you need an explanation see this post on grains.
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us promote the link up with a Retweet and / or a Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! This benefits EVERYONE! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog or are posting a link, you will have to wait to be moderated before your link shows up.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.