I totally had you at “Chunky Monkey”, didn’t I. I knew it. You’re so predictable.
You should know before you read any further, that this recipe does not use walnuts. I know, I know… it’s not really “chunky monkey” without walnuts (according to Ben & Jerry, anyway…), so sue me. Who cares what B & J say… you eat REAL food these days, right? And yes, I know that walnuts are real food. But they make me gag. Always have. I’m kinda gagging just thinking about them. They’re gross.
But I digress. I used peanut butter instead… because I really don’t like any chopped nuts. If you don’t eat peanut butter… well, that sucks for you. Nah, just kidding… kind of. You can sub almond butter or omit it altogether.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 really, really ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life, but bigger chips might be better)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, maple syrup, palm shortening, vanilla, peanut butter and bananas.
- Add in the coconut flour, salt and baking soda and beat until smooth.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.