With cold and flu season upon us, Paula @Whole Intentions wrote a guest post on how to make a natural remedy from Echinachea. It is used for many applications other than just colds and flu. Click through to the guest post for more info. Everyone should have this in their house!
Jill @Real Food Forager always has interesting and thought-provoking posts. This particular one focuses on the autism/inflammation connection. Since I am trying to become pregnant this inflammation link is an important one for me to avoid some of the problems associated with it in future children.
Tessa @Domestic Diva has made me giddy with this homemade carpet deodorizer. I am a total freak when it comes to finding homemade house cleaners from non-toxic sources. This one is so easy a ‘caveman’ could do it. . .
RECIPES and TIPS TO CHECK OUT FROM LAST WEEK
**NEW RULE: Due to the fact that we are trying to promote real, whole foods on our blog carnival, we are no longer allowing posts that LINK DIRECTLY to another blog carnival. This is because we have noticed that various blog carnivals have different criteria for linking that may not line up with what we at Real Food Freaks consider real food. To keep the integrity of our mission, please do not link up your link ups.
**Secondly, (this is not a new rule but a reiteration of an old rule) — if you use wheat or grains of any type they must be soaked, sprouted or fermented directly in the instructions of how to make the recipe. We have been a little lax in pulling down posts that do not comply, but unfortunately we are getting more and more of these types of posts. We don’t want to pull any links down, so if you need an explanation see this post on grains.
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us promote the link up with a Retweet and / or a Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! This benefits EVERYONE! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog or are posting a link, you will have to wait to be moderated before your link shows up.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.