If you missed last week’s Freaky Friday, be sure to check out all the great posts here. And there is a NEW RULE. Please be sure to read through the rules before posting this week. Last week I had to delete at least 5 posts for not following the rules. Thank you for understanding.
I’ve seen this floating around the real food world for a few months now. I think it is so important to know that the olive oil in your cupboard may still be mixed with hydrogenated oils. Make sure you are not buying a cheap or unvetted olive oil. You might still be ingesting the harmful oils and doing harm to your health. Thanks to Katie @This Chick Cooks for this important information.
Yet another label that is not what it appears to be. It is disturbing that I have to go to such great lengths to be sure I am getting healthy, sustainable seafood (or any food for that matter). Fortunately, I do have a great resource for this in my area. I encourage you to check around for the best resources in your area as well. Look for the fisherman who actually catches the fish and grill them about their fishing methods. Thanks Jill @Real Food Forager for this enlightening post.
Doesn’t this look so scrumptious? I am making this, this weekend with my overflow from my raspberry bushes. Vicky @Gluten Free SCD and Veggie always has delicious recipes. If you stop by, make sure you poke around for a bit. Even if you do not have food allergies these recipes are sure to tempt you.
**NEW RULE: Due to the fact that we are trying to promote real, whole foods on our blog carnival, we are no longer allowing posts that LINK DIRECTLY to another blog carnival. This is because we have noticed that various blog carnivals have different criteria for linking that may not line up with what we at Real Food Freaks consider real food. To keep the integrity of our mission, please do not link up your link ups.
**Secondly, (this is not a new rule but a reiteration of an old rule) — if you use wheat or grains of any type they must be soaked, sprouted or fermented directly in the instructions of how to make the recipe. We have been a little lax in pulling down posts that do not comply, but unfortunately we are getting more and more of these types of posts. We don’t want to pull any links down, so if you need an explanation see this post on grains.
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us promote the link up with a Retweet and / or a Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! This benefits EVERYONE! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog or are posting a link, you will have to wait to be moderated before your link shows up.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.