I must have had a serious sweet tooth when I picked this week’s featured posts. Ha — all sweet treats! If you missed last week’s Freaky Friday, be sure to check out all the great posts here. And there is a NEW RULE. Please be sure to read through the rules before posting this week. Thanks.
I have been looking for a way to make creme brulee without using white sugar. The recipe does call for organic sugar to sprinkle, but gives the tip to grind down the whole sugar cane crystals if you are using this type. I NEVER thought of that. Great idea. Will be trying. Thanks to Robin @Thank Your Body.
OOOOH, is what I said when I saw these little gems. Can’t wait to make them. The recipe comes to us from Dawn @Small Footprint Family.
Caroline @MyGutsy brought us these yummy treats that are actually GAPS LEGAL! Thanks Caroline!
NEW RULE: Due to the fact that we are trying to promote real, whole foods on our blog carnival, we are no longer allowing posts that LINK DIRECTLY to another blog carnival. This is because we have noticed that various blog carnivals have different criteria for linking that may not line up with what we at Real Food Freaks consider real food. To keep the integrity of our mission, please do not link up your link ups.
Secondly, (this is not a new rule but a reiteration of an old rule) — if you use wheat or grains of any type they must be soaked, sprouted or fermented directly in the instructions of how to make the recipe. We have been a little lax in pulling down posts that do not comply, but unfortunately we are getting more and more of these types of posts. We don’t want to pull any links down, so if you need an explanation see this post on grains.
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us promote the link up with a Retweet and / or a Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! This benefits EVERYONE! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog or are posting a link, you will have to wait to be moderated before your link shows up.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.