I did a better job of reading through all the links from last week although some were read later in the weekend. I’m sure you are all trying to get in your Vitamin D for the summer too, right? Make sure you check out last week’s posts if you missed it! Here’s the link. This week I picked a few recipes that just screamed SUMMER to me. Wow, there were so many good ones to choose from that I had a hard time narrowing it down to just three!
This recipe looks like a piece of art, right? And love, love, love the idea and the fresh seasonal ingredients used by Caralyn @Gluten Free Happy Tummy!
What the heck is a Kohlrabi? I see them everywhere now. I am not part of a CSA so I don’t get odd veggies like these to try. I might just have to pick some up after seeing this salad. Pretty sure anything with mango is delish. Comes to us from Debbie @Easy Natural Food.
Chalk up another one for the creative Freaky Friday posts! Who doesn’t think warm/hot weather when they think of a cactus? Sounds like a refreshing drink full of real electrolytes. Thanks to Amanda @Traditional Foods for this yummy refreshment!
Just because I had such a hard time picking from all the great posts so be sure to check out a few more that I thought were great too. Not all of them are seasonal recipes but I still thought they were worth a second glance!
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us by a Retweet and Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog, you will have to wait to be moderated just this one time.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.