Last week was another great week. To view the other fantastic posts from last week click here. And let me also say, that we know we are not the best site for driving traffic to your blog — there are better ones, but we appreciate you sharing your ideas and recipes with us anyway. We truly enjoy them. You inspire us!
Dawn @Small Footprint Family wrote a fantastically well-balanced and informative post about sunscreens. Most sunscreens contain toxic junk that are often worse than the sun you are trying to protect yourself from. She also delves into the idea that we need Vitamin D that the sun gives and that sunscreen is not always necessary. She gives options for decent alternatives.
Allison @The Life of a Novice wrote an excellent post about all the places that MSG can be found (HINT: It’s also in your toothpaste!). Read your labels. You will be surprised how MSG is hidden. This is a must read.
COULD YOU GO TO JAIL FOR DRINKING RAW MILK?
Adrienne @Whole New Mom alerted us to more new raw milk legislative nonsense coming out of the state of Wyoming in which it could soon be illegal to even accept raw milk through a cow share. This is the first legislation that I have heard that now targets the consumers of raw milk. This is not good folks. The food police are crossing the line here. Even if you don’t drink milk, you should be concerned that they are coming for your food next. Take a stand!
Two other stand out posts from last week were: FOLLOW THIS ONE TIP FOR GETTING A TON OF STRAWBERRIES IN YOUR GARDEN from Halle @Whole Lifestyle Nutrition. And another by Jill @Real Food Forager with a recipe for CULTURED APPLESAUCE.
It was so hard to choose. I really could have put about 5 other posts up here this week. Thanks for the great posts. We look forward to seeing what you have for us this week!
Here are the rules:
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. NEW RULE: Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us by a Retweet and Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog, you will have to wait to be moderated just this one time.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.