I wish I had more space and time to give more than three featured posts for last week. Last week was another great week. To view the other fantastic posts from last week click here. And let me also say, that we know we are not the best site for driving traffic to your blog — there are better ones, but we appreciate you sharing your ideas and recipes with us anyway. We truly enjoy them. You inspire us!
This week’s theme is about offal and bunnies. These are two real foods that freak people out, but they are so good for you.
I’ll admit it. Beef liver is not one of those real foods that I have managed to work into my diet. It’s much more nourishing than chicken livers (that I actually like), but it just hasn’t tasted good in the ways I have prepared it. However, this recipe for Beef Liver Veggie Soup from Mindy @Too Many Jars In My Kitchen sounds like something I can actually enjoy! I think I will try it! Thanks Mindy!
Chicken gizzards were something that we had regularly growing up. I guess we didn’t know that they were offal. They just tasted good to us. I haven’t had them since my childhood days, but this recipe from @Cured of Candida sounds simple and delicious.
I know, I know. It makes you cringe to think about eating bunnies. I made it and loved it but my hubs refused to touch it. It really is mind over matter folks. And if you want to start raising your own food to be self-sufficient Chandelle of @Chicken Tender had a guest post over at @The Lone Home Ranger and explains why rabbits are a great place to start. (They are easier to raise than chickens!)
Here are the rules:
1. Everyone who posts must place a link back to this blog on the post they are linking (not your home page or other page). Freaky Friday is about sharing what you have done as well as others. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. NEW RULE: Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us by a Retweet and Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog, you will have to wait to be moderated just this one time.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.