Curried crepes make for the most fantastic dinner. If you make them for guests they will rave about your meal. I made these prior to my real food days. All the ingredients are real food based. The only difference now is that I make my crepes grain free. And the GF crepes actually taste much better anyhow. Now if you wanted a quick and easy meal, you could always skip the crepes and eat with rice or by itself if you are grain free. It’s packed with protein, healthy fats, and veggies.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (or your own ground spice mix – cumin, sage, thyme, tumeric, etc)
- ¼ cup coconut (finely shredded)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1lb chicken (thinly sliced – could use beef, pork, or shrimp as well)
- ½ cup onions (chopped fine)
- ½ cup bell peppers (chopped fine)
- ½ cup mushrooms (chopped fine)
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Coconut crepes
Start by making the crepes. Set aside. (My recipe for grain free crepes)
Mix the coconut flour, garam masala, and coconut flakes.
Coat the meat strips and set aside. Melt and heat 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a cast iron skillet. Toss in the coated meat and cook through. Remove and set aside.
Melt the remaining 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Saute the onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms until cooked through.
Then add the meat back into the pan with the spinach.
Stir in the sour cream. Remove from heat. Fill crepes with the curry mixture. Enjoy!
Post links to: Seasonal Celebration, Sunday School, Homestead Barnhop, Real Food 101, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Frugal Days, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Food Flicks,