I was the only one home for dinner tonite and even though I didn’t feel like cooking anything… I did. I did it for you, dear reader… for you.
And also so that my husband would have something to take for lunch tomorrow.
So, if you don’t feel like cooking (or even if you do), here’s a simple recipe that you might be able to muster enough energy to throw together… And, trust me… you won’t need that much energy.
- coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- a handful of baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 or 2 smallish zucchinis (I used 2)
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 lbs. grassfed ground beef
- 2 tsp. thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- a sprinkling of kelp granules (entirely optional)
1. Throw the onion, garlic and carrots into your food processor and chop fine.
2. Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil in a saute pan, add the onion mixture and tomato paste and saute for about 7 minutes (onions should be soft and carrots should be starting to soften). Remove from heat when done and allow to cool.
3. Add the zucchini and the parsley to the food processor and chop until fine. Set aside in a large bowl.
4. Add the ground beef, cooled onion mixture, and the remaining ingredients and mix with your hands until well combined.
5. Using the same pan, melt another couple of tablespoons of coconut oil. Form meatballs and cook over medium heat. Turn them carefully to brown on all sides.
If you’re interested in seeing MORE of what I ate this week with recipe links, read this.