Every once in awhile, we eat custard for breakfast. Up to this point, it’s always been pumpkin (hey, I need to post a recipe for that!). Tonight, I decided to make a banana version. Tomorrow is my daughter’s birthday (4 years old!), so this will be a special start to her day.
My kids prefer their custard to be cold, so I make it the night before. Works for me, all I have to do is pull it out of the fridge and I have an easy morning! Who couldn’t use one of those?
And… this takes about 5 minutes (10 at the most) to throw together… WIN!
Add the following to your blender:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (about 2 cups)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Throw all ingredients into the blender and blend until combined.
3. Pour into ramekins or whatever size dishes you prefer. (I used 5 smallish pyrex dishes, but sometimes I just pour it into one big bowl).
4. Bake for 45 min to 1 hour (until the custard is set) in a water bath. (To make a water bath, just place the dishes into a large casserol dish and fill halfway with hot water).
5. Enjoy hot, cold or room temperature.
For more grain free breakfast treats, check out this post.