Okay, so I’ve mentioned before that we eat a ton of eggs around this joint. In order to avoid mutiny (I’m pretty sure I’ve overheard the whispered plans coming from my kids’ bedrooms), we usually change it up once or twice during the week. We almost always have coconut flour pancakes on Sundays. And, sometimes (not too often– because I really, really do not like baking… I pretty much hate it), I’ll make a batch of muffins or custard another day during the week.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup maple syrup (according to preference)
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- optional add ins: shredded unsweetened coconut, nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350. Shred carrots and zucchini in food processor (or grate by hand) and set aside.
2. Using your mixer, combine eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg .
3. Add coconut flour and mix until very well combined. You need to mix really well in order to avoid clumps.
4. Fold in the remaining ingredients and divide into greased muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.