- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 organic peppers (I like a mixture of red and green), diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, diced
- 1 7 oz jar tomato paste (I like this brand)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 26 oz tetra pack diced Pomi tomatoes (or whatever diced tomatoes you prefer)
- 1/2 quart homemade beef stock
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (I got this idea from The Clothes Make the Girl– she is genius!)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (add more or less depending on spice preference)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- scallions (optional)
- avocado (optional)
1. Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, peppers, squash, garlic, and tomato paste until soft.
2. Add ground beef and sauteed until browned– stir frequently. Drain the fat if necessary.
3. Add tomatoes, stock, and seasonings. Simmer for a few hours over low heat.
4. Top with sliced scallions and avocado and enjoy.