Everyone should read this post. EVERYONE. One of my new favorite blogs comes from Angie @Bare Root Studio. She has an engaging writing style that is incredibly insightful. This post delves into core social stigmas that may not seem like it has much to do with food, but it really does. It cuts to the core of life and our perceptions of people based on socioeconomic standings and other subtle ways we have of making ourselves feel better by comparing ourselves to the plight of others. Thank you Angie!
The gals @The Liberated Kitchen have brought us another fantastic post and they did the MATH for us! Woo Hoo! (I HATE MATH!) They bought a whole cow and then figured out how much they saved based upon their old costs for beef. The savings totaled more than the cost of the meat! Thanks for doing the visual for those of us who are math challenged!
France @Beyond the Peel has offered us a video of Jamie Oliver teaching us those all important knife skills that we need if we are making everything from scratch! This is a great video to show your kids if you want to teach them about kitchen safety.
Here are the rules:
1. Everyone who posts place a link back to this blog. You will be removed if you don’t link back.
2. REAL FOOD only! No processed (this means refined sugars too), canned, margarine, hydrogenated vegetable oils, unfermented soy, etc. If using grains they must be PROPERLY prepared (soaked, sprouted, or fermented). Also, please be aware that we will not allow non-homeopathic, store or pharmaceutical type products being promoted here (especially related to skin care or health). Naturally derived ingredients only please.
3. NEW RULE: Please, no product promos! Feel free to post giveaways here, but if you are selling a product or gain from the sale of any item please do not post it here.
4. Please help us by a Retweet and Facebook link to this page and any sites you visit! Be sure to comment on others posts as well and let the bloggers know you were there.
5. Please leave a brief comment about your post. If this is your first time commenting on our blog, you will have to wait to be moderated just this one time.
If you don’t have a blog we still want to hear from you! Please leave your tips or recipes in the comments.