Super easy. Super good. Gather your ingredients and go!
- 1 chuck roast or arm roast (I used a big chuck roast this time)
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- a few cloves of garlic
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes (I used Muir Glen, but it is still unclear as to whether these are yet BPA free) You can also use 1 cup of organic tomato sauce– turns out equally as good with no fear of BPAs.
- 1 cup balsamic vinager
- 1 heaping tsp. each of: sea salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika
1. Slice onion and throw into the bottom of your crockpot. Scatter garlic on top of the onions. (Feel free to add more vegetables if you like. Sometimes I add carrots, peppers and / or mushrooms as well.)
3. Pour tomatoes (or tomato sauce) over the roast.
5. Cook on “low” for at least 10 hours. I usually put this together at night and let it cook on “low” all night. I then set the crockpot to “warm” and let it go until dinner time.
6. Roast will be fall apart tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and top with the onions and some of the liquid. Enjoy!
Shared at: Fight Back Friday, Sunday School, Monday Mania, Fat Tuesday, Real FoodWednesday