Yummy. Pretty (although, my picture was terrible– so I’m not showing it to you). Simple and satisfying. Great for a lighter meal or for a side dish.
Grab these ingredients and get cooking!
- 1 stick organic butter (I used clarified)
- 1 leek, sliced thin (white part only)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 heads broccoli, trimmed and chopped into uniformly sized florets
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 6-8 cups of homemade chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Add broccoli, cilantro, and some of the stock and simmer until the brocoli is bright green (but cooked)- about 10 minutes or so.
4. Blend with an immersion blender and heat through. If you are using a regular blender (like me… sigh), you will have to blend in batches.