Looking to add some budget-friendly and oh-so-healthy Omega 3′s to your diet? How about in the form of some super cute salmon sliders? I knew it… you’ve been searching for a recipe like this one.
- 2 15oz cans Wild Alaskan salmon
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 green apple (optional), finely diced (peeled or w/skin– your choice)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp horseradish
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1 cup flax meal or almond meal
1. Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. (WARNING: canned salmon looks pretty disgusting. Try not to look at it and just add the other ingredients as fast as you can.)
2. Use your hands and mix together well. Form into small patties. (I made 17)
3. These really are better if you pan fry them in some coconut oil– but, honestly, that is a splattery mess that I can’t always be bothered with.
5. Top with homemade mayo. Add a little bit of dill and lemon juice to the mayo– yum.
Shared at: Monday Mania, Fat Tuesday, Real Food Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Fight Back Friday, and Sunday School.